Can you stand another one?
Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge (#624), Color/Tools/Technique: Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#132) and Theme/Technique: Seize The Birthday Challenge (#223).
Here is the result:
- For the Faux Stitching and Die Cut, I die-cut a piece of the Petal Pink Mottled paper pattern from the retired Peony Garden Designer Series Paper pack with the (1⅝” x 3 ⅝”) Stitched Rectangle Die. I also die-cut a piece of the Floral paper pattern from the You’re Peachy Designer Series Paper pack with the retired (1⅞”) Stitched Shapes Die Circle.
- For the two cross strips, I cut a (½”) strip of another pattern “Calypso Coral / Basic White Stripe” from the You’re Peachy Designer Series Paper pack.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the retired Four Season Floral stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock (1¼” x ⅞”) and heat-set with retired Calypso Coral Embossing Powder that I still have in my stash. I like the font and the size of this sentiment.
- For the Color, I selected Calypso Coral to stand in for the Orange. I like the happy brightness of this color and it paired well with the Flowers. The Calypso Coral Background Panel (4⅛” X 5⅜”) was dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder for a little added texture. This embossing folder is still a favorite of mine.
- All of the elements were adhered to a Calypso Coral card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch.
This is a such a simple card to make and it turned out so very pretty by using the Floral Designer Series Paper.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Four Season Floral – Happy Birthday”
Ooh, those peonies are so pretty and I love that textured card stock! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
What a wonderful card! I love the monochromatic, simplistic design. Thank you so much for joining the Seize the Birthday challenge!