I have the honor of being a Guest Designer for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge Blog. The board this week has so many wonderful choices. I was torn…I had lots of ideas. I finally settled on the middle line: Die Cuts, Coloring and Wood.
Here is the result:
- For the Die Cuts, I selected the Intricate Leaves Dies set. I die-cut the Open Outline Leaves from Shimmery White cardstock.
- For the Coloring, I added Bumble Bee, Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow inks to a non-porous work surface (a laminated Grid Paper sheet) and wet the Leaves with water using a Stampin’ Spritzer. With a Water Painter, the ink colors were randomly applied to the wet cardstock and then allowed to dry.
- For the Wood, I selected a piece of patterned wood-grain paper from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper pack (5½’ x 1¾”).
- Using the current sketch from the Try Stampin’ on Tuesday’s Challenge (#523), I cut an accent strip from Early Espresso cardstock (4½” x 1¾”) and added three (1⅜”) Very Vanilla squares that I punched out with the retired (1⅜”) Square Punch.
- The colored Leaves (TSOT theme option and the Alphabet Challenge letter “L”) were adhered to the squares.
- For the sentiment, I chose, Thinking of You, which I truncated from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set. Only the part of the sentiment I wanted was inked with the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker and stamped on to a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock (1¾” x ½”).
- As you can see, I was also influenced by the left line: Ribbon, Die Cuts and Foliage. I couldn’t resist adding a bit of Linen Twine as I put all the elements together on a Crumb Cake card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
- By using Crumb Cake and Early Espresso colors, this card will also work for the diagonal line: Foliage, Coloring and Beige/Brown.
See, I told you…lots of possibilities with this Tic Tac Toe board! Again, I had fun and I hope you will join us in this challenge too!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
The additional challenges that inspired my choice of sketch and subject matter were;
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.