It is time to show you what I created for my INQUE SPOT STUDIO’s WEEKEND CHALLENGE and SUNDAY SKETCH. I combined the two.
I aim to keep you stamping with these challenges. I hope you had a chance to play along. The challenges are posted to my Facebook Business Page and my Instagram account.
Here is the result:
I took a more literal interpretation of the themed challenge and was inspired by the photograph as well as the neutral colors.
- The Square Shape of the sketch was replaced by the Flower Basket.
- For the Wicker Basket, I stamped the Plant Pot image from the Simply Succulents stamp set with Cinnamon Cider ink on to a scrap of Crumb Cake cardstock. I then over-stamped the Pot with the Woven Texture stamp from the Natural Textures Hostess stamp set with 2nd Generation Cinnamon Cider ink (Stamped-off once). With the Cinnamon Cider and Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Markers, I colored the cross strips in the Pot. The Pot/Basket was then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- For the White Blossoms, I die-cut some of the Flower shapes from both the Penned Flowers Dies set and the Many Layered Blossoms Dies set from a scrap of Basic White cardstock. The Flowers were adhered to a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and then fussy cut to provide a subtle shade difference in the Flowers Centers.
- To mimic the Greenery, I die-cut the Wheat Grass from the Harvest Dies set from a scrap of Soft Suede cardstock and added it into the Basket of Flowers.
- Bottom Rectangle Shape: (5” x 1¾”) Dark wood patterned piece of paper from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper pack to mimic the Wooden Sign Board.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4’) Very Vanilla cardstock dry-embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder selectively inked with the Sahara Sand Stampin’ Write Marker to create the Wall.
- Sentiment Flag: (2¼” x ¾”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap. The truncated sentiment, know you’re Celebrated!, from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set was inked with the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker. The flag was hand snipped.
- To complete the card, I chose an Early Espresso card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
I like the Fall / Harvest vibe of this celebratory card. Perfect for an Autumn birthday!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.