Hi and welcome back. Did you have a good weekend? We had a few things going on…So, I have combined a number of challenges for today’s card.
Keeping it simple:
Stampin’ Up!’s #SimpleStamping Challenge for September – Birthdays, CAS on Fridays Theme Challenge (#213) – Balloons, Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge (#372) – Petal Pink, Merry Merlot and Cinnamon Cider and the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (#437) in its most simple interpretation.
Here is the result:
- For the Balloons, I selected the retired Birthday Bash stamp set. I stamped the three Balloons on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock. “Yay” Balloon with Merry Merlot ink and filled in the “Yay” with the Dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend. “Striped” Balloon with Petal Pink ink and filled in the “Stripes” with the Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Write Marker. “Star” Balloon with Petal Pink ink and filled in the “Stars” with the Merry Merlot Stampin’ Write Marker. The Balloons were then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- I chose the Floating Baby image from the retired Moon Baby stamp set to hold the Balloons. Only the Baby was inked with the Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Write Marker and then stamped on to a Basic White cardstock background panel (4” x 5¼”). The Baby’s Face and Hands were colored with the Light Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend with a few details in the face highlighted with the Dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend. The Onesie was colored with the Dark Pink Petal Stampin’ Blend and the Buttons and Feet Pads were colored with the Merry Merlot Stampin’ Write Marker. A little Light Cinnamon Cider was added to the Hair, also with the Stampin’ Blend.
- Once the position of the Balloons was determined, I drew Strings free-hand with the Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Write Marker. The Balloons were popped up with Dimensionals and fixed in place.
- For the sentiment, I selected, Hooray!, from the retired Sip, Sip Hooray! stamp set. The sentiment was stamped directly to the background panel with Merry Merlot ink.
- Again, keeping it clean and simple, I opted to keep the card a single layer and chose a Cinnamon Cider card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
Yay! Hooray! Your little one is wishing you a Happy Birthday! Alternatively, you can use this card as a Congratulations for a newborn. A sweet little card!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
4 thoughts on “Balloon Bash – Hooray!”
So cute, and I love how you used the sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
This is adorable, I love the colours you used, and how you interpreted the sketch, fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).
DT member AHSC
Sweet card for Challenge #437 at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Thanks for joining us this week.
I love this sweet baby card! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week–please join us again soon.