I need a card for a bright and boisterous young boy.
I was inspired by the Paper Players Challenge (#557) Theme: By the Numbers and the Color Throw Down Challenge (#659) Colors: Red, Purple and Orange. I put them together with the current sketch from the Sketch Saturday Challenge (#676).
Let’s see what I came up with…
- For the overlapping shapes, I chose to cut two different sized Triangles from the Stitched Triangles Dies set. Poppy Parade cardstock (2½” x 4”) and Gorgeous Grape cardstock (2⅛” x 3⅜”).
- For the number, I chose “7” as this is how old the little fellow will be.
- I die-cut the Seven out of the Poppy Parade triangle and also die-cut a Seven from Black Glitter Paper with the die from the retired Large Numbers Dies set.
- The sentiment, BITRHDAY, from the Biggest Wish stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with Black Embossing Powder on a scrap of Calypso Coral cardstock that was then die-cut with one of the Rectangle dies (3¼” x 1¼”) from the Stitched Rectangles Dies set.
- For my neutral color, I chose Basic Black. This is taken from the center and shadows of some of the flowers in the photo image. The additional sentiment, happy, from the same stamp set was also stamped in Versamark ink and heat-set with retired Tangerine Tango Embossing Powder that I still have on hand on to a Basic Black background panel (4″ x 5¼”). I picked this embossing powder color because it shows up nicely on the black background.
- All of the elements were adhered to the background panel. The Black Glitter Paper Seven was inset into the Poppy Parade Triangle and the Calypso Coral sentiment Rectangle was popped up with Dimensionals. As this is a card for a boy, I eliminated the bow and let the Glitter paper replace the suggested two-dot embellishment in the top left corner. The completed panel was popped up and adhered to a Basic Black card base (11” x 4¼” scored at 5½”).
Those are “Sock ‘Em to Me” colors! Perfect for the boy who is in to Action Figures. I think he will like it. Do you?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.