Running a bit behind with the Case-ing Tuesday Challenge (#320), but here it is!
The sample that we are casing this week is a card found in the Holiday Catalog on page 65. I chose to use the color palette from the Sunday Stamps Challenge (#265) and the stamp set from today’s Facebook Stampin’ Through the Catalog Challenge: Quiet Meadow.
Here is the result:
- I chose a Very Vanilla cardstock background panel (4” x 5¼”). I stamped the large Floral stamp with 2nd Generation Cajun Craze ink towards the left. I then stamped the Splatter stamp with 2nd Generation Soft Succulent ink in a random pattern. (2nd Generation Stamping = Stamped-off once). The panel was then dry-embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder.
- On another piece of Very Vanilla cardstock (4½” x 4½”), I added the colors Daffodil Delight toward the top, Mango Melody around and about the Daffodil Delight and Soft Succulent towards the bottom with Blending Brushes. Two Floral Stems were die-cut from this colored paper using the Quiet Meadows Dies set. Additional color depth was added by sponging a little Cajun Craze ink to the Floral Tips with a Sponge Dauber.
- The Fern was die-cut with another die from the same die set using a Soft Succulent cardstock scrap and sponged with Soft Succulent ink to darken the foliage.
- The sentiment, Thinking of You, from the same stamp set, was stamped with Soft Succulent ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock (2⅛” x ⅝”). Then matted with a scrap of Soft Succulent cardstock (2¼” x ⅞”) and again with another piece of Very Vanilla (2⅜” x 1”). All the edges were sponged with Soft Succulent ink. I changed the sentiment label size so that the floral die-cuts would less hidden.
- All of the elements were adhered to a Soft Succulent card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch. I chose Soft Succulent as I wanted to keep the tone of the card soft.
The Quiet Meadow Bundle is one of my favorites in this year’s catalog. So pretty! Do you have it in your collection?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.