A few challenges…It makes this this girl happy to create for challenges. My husband jokes about the “Covid-Pile” of stacked cards. Creating keeps me busy and engaged in my favorite hobby.
This week over at the Global Design Project (#308), the challenge is to CASE the Designer – Wilma De Korte. I chose the Theme and Colors from the Seize the Birthday Challenge (#222) and the suggested Element from the Just Add Ink Challenge (#571).
Here is the result:
- For the element “Lines”, I selected one of the patterned papers from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper (Hostess) pack for the background panel (4” x 5¼”).
- Casing Wilma’s stamped florals, I chose to stamp the Flowers from the Shaded Summer stamp set with Versamark ink directly to the patterned paper and heat-set the Flowers with White Embossing Powder.
- To further emphasize the “Lines”, I masked off the lines in the patterned paper with removable Painter’s Tape and sponged the pastel ink colors: Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Blushing Bride and Mint Macaron with Sponge Daubers. The embossed Flowers were then polished clean of any residue ink with a tissue.
- The sentiment Cross Strip (4” x 1¼”) was set on the diagonal. The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the same stamp set was stamped with Basic Gray ink on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock (1”) and matted with a Mint Macaron scrap cardstock (1¼”).
- An additional embellishment was added. I created the popped-up Bloom with the coordinating FREE Sale-a-bration Summer Shadow Dies. Bloom Background – Blushing Bride, Bloom Detail – Basic White and I added a piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock in behind the Blushing Bride to add color to the cut-outs. I opted to add a So Saffron Bloom Center and selected a Floral die from the Pierced Blooms Dies set.
- A Blushing Bride card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) was chosen to complete the card.
Turned out to be a rather pretty birthday card. Hope you like it, too!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.