Over at Tic Tac Toe, the current challenge (#129) has a decidedly Fall and/or Hallowe’en theme. Thought I would play with the diagonal line…Purple, Orange and an Interactive Element. I decided to throw in a Cat because I like them better than Pumpkins or Footballs…
Here is the result:
- For the interactive element, I cut a Gorgeous Grape cardstock piece (2¾” x 8½”) and scored it in half. I then die-cut the folded piece using the (2¾” x 4⅛”) die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies set ensuring I did not cut into the fold. This created a mini card (7¾” x 2⅝” scored at 3⅞”).
- To decorate the front of the mini card, I stamped the Cat from the retired Frightening Feline stamp set with Versamark ink onto a scrap of Calypso Coral cardstock and heat-set it with Black Embossing Powder. The Cat was then fussy cut with Paper Snips. Tucked in behind the Cat, I die-cut the Branch from the Harvest Dies set from a scrap of Basic Black cardstock and used it as a Tree.
- To decorate the inside of the mini card, I stamped both the sentiment, Happy Halloween and the Gate image, from the retired Toxic Treats stamp set with Versamark ink on to a piece of Calypso Coral cardstock (2⅜” x 3⅝”) and heat-set them with Black Embossing Powder.
- I chose a Basic Black card base (11” x 4¼” scored at 5½”). I dry-embossed the card front with the retired Spider Web Embossing Folder and with a Sponge Dauber and retired Silver Encore ink, I highlight the Spider Web.
- Putting it all together, I chose to add a (4¼” x 1”) strip of Black Glitter Paper across the card front to add a little shimmer and then adhered the mini card centered over it. There is a Calypso Coral cardstock panel inside the card for writing a message (not shown).
Spooky Good Wishes to you…Happy Hallowe’en!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
As the mini card is an additional fold, I shall enter it in the Make My Monday Fun Fold Challenge (#156)
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.