Welcome back! Another deadline…card number two!
The CAS Colours and Sketches Team doubled up the challenge for this week. They went retro with a previous sketch and a throwback to some delightful retired colors.
I was on the hunt…dug out the old ink pads and dove through the scrap bins…success!!
Here is the result:
- Three focal point shapes. I chose to cut two flowers and a leaf using the FREE Sale-a-bration selection Summer Shadow Dies that coordinate with the Shaded Summer stamp set in the Annual Catalog.
- From scraps of Ballet Blue, Rose Red and Summer Sun cardstock, the more solid floral and leaf images were cut.
- From Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper, the open floral and leaf images were cut.
- The Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper die-cuts were water colored with the respective colors and a Water Painter.
- The sentiment, Some friendships are just meant to be, from the Shaded Summer stamp set was stamped with Basic Gray ink on to a (4⅛’ x 5⅜”) Very Vanilla background panel.
- The die-cut shapes, flowers and leaf, were arranged in the bottom right corner. I decided to flip the sketch to a vertical position.
- The completed panel was adhered to a Very Vanilla card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
Those certainly were pretty colors. They look lovely together. This was first time I played with this stamp set. I think it will certainly be a new favorite.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.