It is time to show you what I created for my INQUE SPOT STUDIO’s WEEKEND CHALLENGE and SUNDAY SKETCH. I combined the two.
I aim to keep you stamping with these challenges. I hope you had a chance to play along. The challenges are posted to my Facebook Business Page and my Instagram account.
I wanted to see if I could make this a very simple one-layer card creating both interest and dimension. I chose to use the current colors suggested by the TGIF Team (#332).
Here is the result:
WEEKEND CHALLENGE – Use a Tool / Technique. This week, I wanted to show you how having Repositionable Tape in your kit bag is very handy for the Masking Technique.
SUNDAY SKETCH – Stamp Set: FREE Sale-a-bration selection: Delicate Dahlias
- I cut a Very Vanilla cardstock panel (4” x 5¼”).
- For the Circle / Shape element of the sketch, I stamped the Line-Art Dahlia stamp with Basic Gray ink just off center and a little to the right. This is a two-step DistINKtive™ stamp set. To complete the flower and create the dimension, I stamped the In-Fill Dahlia stamp using Cherry Cobbler ink.
- For the Cross Strip element, I used a Mask. To continue the illusion that the Dahlia is bursting forth and remains the focal point, I used the (1”) wide Repositionable Tape and Masked the area I wanted to be ink free.
- The Line-Art Leaves stamp was added to the card using the Basic Gray ink and the In-Fill Leaves stamp using Mossy Meadow ink.
- The Mask was removed.
- With a ruler and the Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blend, I drew in the Border Edge.
- The sentiment, Oh, so happy for you, was also stamped with Basic Gray ink on the created cross strip to the left of the Dahlia.
- The completed one-layered stamped panel was adhered to Cinnamon Cider card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch and coordinate with the Cinnamon Cider edge.
DISTINKtive™ stamps really give you the illusion of three dimensions and is a great option for single layer cards. I am pretty happy with how this turned out.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Delicate Dahlias – Oh, So Happy”
Absolutely beautiful!!!!! Thank you for your excellent instructions!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
You are welcome, Karen.