There are a lot of theme and color challenges this coming week and very few sketches. Isn’t that the way it goes…feast or famine. What I always find very interesting is that with so many choices out there, the collective universe always seems to be on the same wave length…so, I am going to have fun with this card.
Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge (#621), Theme: As You See It Challenge (#258) and Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge (September), Materials: Paper Craft Crew Challenge (#442) and Less Is More Challenge (#451).
Here is the result:
I opted for a clean and simple card using two colors: Very Vanilla and Gold.
- For In the Air and Winged Things, I chose a Dragonfly. The solid body Dragonfly image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink on to a piece of Gold Shimmer Vellum cardstock and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder. While hard to see, the Wings of the Dragonfly were brushed with Wink of Stella Glitter to add a little extra shimmer. The Dragonfly was then punched out with the Dragonflies Punch and a Champagne Rhinestone Jewel was added to the Head for some extra sparkle.
- For the Cross Strip element, I cut a skinny ribbon (4⅛” x ¼”) of the FREE Sale-a-bration Be Dazzling Specialty Designer Series Paper.
- To decorate the bottom of the card front below the cross strip, I dry-embossed another piece of the Gold Shimmer Vellum cardstock with the Pretty Flowers Embossing Folder.
- For the larger sentiment as suggested by the sketch, I die-cut the words Love and You from a scrap piece of Gold-Colored Brushed Metallic cardstock with one of the dies from the Love You More Than Dies set.
- The Gold Brushed Metallic cardstock Flag element (2¾” x ½”) was hand flagged with Paper Snips. I added an additional sentiment to the Flag. I truncated the sentiment, You mean so much to me, from the Forever Blossoms stamp set to fit the length of the flag. For the soft tone-on-tone look, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and heat-set it with White Embossing Powder.
- All of these elements. Words, Dragonfly, Cross Strip, Bottom Panel and Flag were adhered to a Very Vanilla background panel (4⅛” x 5⅜”). The soft shimmer of the embossed vellum looks so nice with the Very Vanilla underneath.
- The completed panel was popped up with Dimensionals and adhered to a Very Vanilla card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
Isn’t it lovely how a little bit sparkle and shimmer can add just that little bit extra to simple card?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
As this such a pretty card, I am going to add it to the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge (#323).
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
8 thoughts on “Dragonfly Garden – You Mean So Much”
Wow!!! I love your dragonfly card Jolanda it is so pretty!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Oooh this is so pretty! It’s very elegant. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
What an elegant card. Love the gorgeous dragonfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.
Lovely, Jolanda! The neutral palette is very stylish. Thanks for playing along with us again at As You See It.
Very Vanilla and Gold is one of my favourite “rich” palettes and it’s perfect for this dragonfly theme! I love the sparkle and texture you’ve created and the die cut sentiment! Thanks for joining our theme challenge at As You See It this week!
Gorgeous card! First, this is my favorite, go-to layout! And that little strip of glitter paper adds just the right touch! The embossing is fabulous! Why is it I gloss over these until I see them actually used on a card, and I feel like I NEED them!! Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at As You See It!
Beautiful sparkly card Jolanda! Thanks for sharing with LIM 😉 Viv GD xx