There are a lot of theme and color challenges this coming week and very few sketches. Isn’t that the way it goes…feast or famine. What I always find very interesting is that with so many choices out there, the collective universe always seems to be on the same wave length…so, I am going to have fun with this card.
Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge (#621), Theme: As You See It Challenge (#258) and Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge (September), Materials: Paper Craft Crew Challenge (#442) and Less Is More Challenge (#451).
Here is the result:
I opted for a clean and simple card using two colors: Very Vanilla and Gold.
- For In the Air and Winged Things, I chose a Dragonfly. The solid body Dragonfly image from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink on to a piece of Gold Shimmer Vellum cardstock and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder. While hard to see, the Wings of the Dragonfly were brushed with Wink of Stella Glitter to add a little extra shimmer. The Dragonfly was then punched out with the Dragonflies Punch and a Champagne Rhinestone Jewel was added to the Head for some extra sparkle.
- For the Cross Strip element, I cut a skinny ribbon (4⅛” x ¼”) of the FREE Sale-a-bration Be Dazzling Specialty Designer Series Paper.
- To decorate the bottom of the card front below the cross strip, I dry-embossed another piece of the Gold Shimmer Vellum cardstock with the Pretty Flowers Embossing Folder.
- For the larger sentiment as suggested by the sketch, I die-cut the words Love and You from a scrap piece of Gold-Colored Brushed Metallic cardstock with one of the dies from the Love You More Than Dies set.
- The Gold Brushed Metallic cardstock Flag element (2¾” x ½”) was hand flagged with Paper Snips. I added an additional sentiment to the Flag. I truncated the sentiment, You mean so much to me, from the Forever Blossoms stamp set to fit the length of the flag. For the soft tone-on-tone look, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink and heat-set it with White Embossing Powder.
- All of these elements. Words, Dragonfly, Cross Strip, Bottom Panel and Flag were adhered to a Very Vanilla background panel (4⅛” x 5⅜”). The soft shimmer of the embossed vellum looks so nice with the Very Vanilla underneath.
- The completed panel was popped up with Dimensionals and adhered to a Very Vanilla card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
Isn’t it lovely how a little bit sparkle and shimmer can add just that little bit extra to simple card?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
As this such a pretty card, I am going to add it to the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge (#323).
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.