It’s here! Labor Day weekend! Back 2 School on Tuesday!
Two School themed challenges – one card! This had me doing a dive in to my stash…
Here is the result:
- I stamped the Skirt & Legs along with the Book Stack images from the retired Hand Delivered stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock and colored the combined image with Stampin’ Blends in Primary Colors: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Petal Pink and the retired Call Me Clover. The image was then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- For the Foolscap Paper, I printed off a Narrow-Ruled sheet print using the feature on my Printer. I printed the Foolscap on to a Basic White cardstock sheet. A piece of the sheet was trimmed to (2½” x 2¾”). The Letters, Numbers and Shapes from the retired Labeler Alphabet stamp set were added with Memento Tuxedo Black, Daffodil Delight, Real Red and Night of Navy inks.
- The sentiment, BACK 2 SCHOOL was created using Letters from the same Labeler Alphabet stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on to a scrap of Daffodil Delight cardstock (2¾” x ⅜”) and flagged by hand with Paper Snips.
- I chose to add a background panel (4” x 5¼”) and used the lighter retired Seaside Spray color. The panel was dry-embossed with the retired Alphabet Press Embossing Folder. Seaside Spray contrasts nicely with Night of Navy.
- All of the elements were arranged as per the sketch on to a Basic White card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). With the sentiment popped up with Dimensionals.
In years past, I would be planning what I was going to wear on that first day of school. Always something that was “too” Fall (aka sweaters and corduroy) for what often ended up being one of the hotter days of our end of summer. Organizing my notebooks, text books, etc. and super excited!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: HUZ732BW (September 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.