Wishing you a happy day! How do you spend your Sundays? Me? I like to create a storm in the Studio.
Several challenges combined for this card.
Sketch and Technique: Try Stampin’ On Tuesday’s (#520); Theme: Just Add Ink (#569); Theme: TGIF (#331) and Colors, Tools and Style: The Paper Players (#556) Tic Tac Toe Board.
Here is the result:
- For the Neutral Colors, I chose Basic White, Smoky Slate, Soft Succulent, Soft Suede and Cajun Craze. Subtle, pretty and feminine.
- Three of the Fern images from the Forever Fern stamp set were stamped with Cajun Craze, Soft Succulent and Soft Suede inks on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock and then die-cut with the respective coordinating dies from the Forever Flourishing Dies set.
- For the Splatter element, the Splatter image from the Quiet Meadow stamp set was stamped several times with the Cajun Craze, Soft Succulent and Soft Suede inks. I added a little Mango Melody ink for a tiny pop of brightness.
- For the Wild Side element, I then dry-embossed the Basic White background panel with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder adding Smoky Slate ink to the Folder before embossing to create the weathered look of an old outdoor fence. A nature walk in the wild can turn up many surprising vignettes.
- For the sentiment, I chose Thank You So Much from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set. The sentiment was stamped with Versmark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder onto a scrap of Soft Succulent cardstock and die-cut with the (2½” x ½”) Stitched Rectangle Die.
- I chose a Soft Succulent cardstock accent panel (4” x 5¼”) and a Soft Suede card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to keep the neutral tones light and grounded.
All of the pieces were adhered together, with the Cajun Craze Fern and Soft Succulent Sentiment Label popped up with Dimensionals to match the Sketch.
Thank you cards are always handy to have. So many things to be grateful for. It is always nice to acknowledge someone for a kindness.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
6 thoughts on “Forever Fern – Inspired Thank You”
Gorgeous, Jolanda! All my fave stems from Forever Fern, and I adore your inked and embossed background – it came out perfect! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!
I just love this stamp set so much & you’ve created a beautiful nature scene, Jolanda. I love the splatters in the varied colours, they add extra texture to your embossed background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Add Ink again this week. x
I love what you’ve done with this card – great colours and a touch of splatter of ink finishes it off beautifully. Thanks for joining in with us at TSOT this week.
So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Try Stampin’ on Tuesday for Challenge 520!
Love your splatters and wonderful embossing – makes you want to run your fingers over the card! Chantell Just Add Ink
Beautiful!! Love the texture. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!