Hi and welcome to my blog today! I needed a birthday card for a little fellow and thought I could combine a bunch of challenges…
Theme #1: Retro Rubber Challenge (#165) Transportation, Theme #2: Seize The Birthday Challenge (#221) By The Sea, Theme #3: Just Add Ink Challenge (#569) Just Add “N” – Nautical, Color: Colour INKspiration Facebook Challenge (CI-106) and Sketch: Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (#435) to bring it all together.
Here is the result:
- I stamped the Boat image from the Moving Forward stamp set (circa 2012) with Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock and then punched it out with the retired (2”) Circle Punch. I colored to the Dots along the top of the Boat with the Pool Party Stampin’ Blend.
- I then stamped just the Sail and Flag again with both the Night of Navy and Real Red Stampin’ Write Markers onto another scrap of Basic White cardstock and then fussy cut the image. I went over the Flag and colored the bottom of the Sail with the Real Red Stampin’ Blend. The Sail was then popped up with Dimensionals.
- The Pool Party cardstock rectangular panel (2½” x 3¼”) was dry-embossed with the Bark 3D Embossing Folder. This embossing folder is such an ideal choice for a water effect.
- The Real Red cardstock Double Flag (3½” x ½”) was made with the Banner Pick A Punch and added behind as an accent.
- The Night of Navy cardstock cross strip (4⅛” x 1”) was then added in behind the completed focal image a little to the left to accommodate the sentiment “stack” stamping.
- The sentiment, Happy Birthday from the Itty Bitty Birthday stamp set (circa 2019), was added to the Basic White cardstock panel (4⅛” x 5⅜”) using the Stamparatus Positioning Tool. “Happy” was “stack” stamped four times in the various colors: Pool Party, Real Red and then Night of Navy. The complete sentiment was lined up and stamped once with “Happy” in Real Red and “Birthday” in Night of Navy.
- For a fresh sea-worthy look, I chose a Pool Party card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to complete the card.
A fun card for a Birthday Boy!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.