Another play date in the Studio. Trying a few different things and creating a mash-up with a few challenges.
Here is the result:
- To mimic the sketch layout, I stamped the large Circle shape with Poppy Parade ink in the center of a Basic White piece of cardstock (5½” x 4¼). I added the large Rectangle shape to each side with Coastal Cabana ink and then added the small Rectangle shape above and below the Circle with Granny Apple Green ink. The panel was eventually trimmed to (4½” x 3”).
- Note: I added the large Oval and three Blossoms from the In Bloom stamp set with Basic Gray ink intending to add centers to the Flowers and a sentiment to the Oval with White Embossing Powder. It didn’t really work…
- …the fix,
- Using the coordinating Pierced Blooms Dies, I die-cut three similar sized Flowers from a scrap of Basic Gray cardstock and three Basic White Dots that I punched out with a hand-held punch and then adhered them over the stamped Flowers.
- On another scrap of Basic Gray cardstock, I stamped the sentiment, You mean so much to me, from the In Bloom stamp set with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The sentiment was then die-cut with a similarly sized Oval from the retired Layering Ovals Dies set.
- I chose to mat the focal panel with a Basic Gray cardstock panel (4⅝” x 3⅛”) to accent the Gray color and set it off against the Basic White card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
- The completed card felt a little unfinished…I chose to add the six little white Flowers to balance the white card base. I picked another Floral die from the Pierced Blooms Dies set and when cut, added a little dark Floral Center with the Basic Gray Stampin’ Write Marker.
Even with changing gears when something doesn’t totally work, you can still salvage an idea. I am happy with the final result. The stamped Watercolor Shapes of the red and green remind me of a sculpture. A sculpture set in a garden with the turquoise blue sky all about and flowers growing up and around it.
What do you think? Do you like it?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.