Time to case the catalog…this week it is a card found in the Sale-a-bration Brochure on page 14. Let’s have some fun combining challenges!
Here is the result:
Influenced by the Tic Tac Toe “Apples”, I selected to feature the ever so cute Hedgehog from the Joyful Life stamp set.
- I stamped the Hedgehog with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a (2⅞” x 3⅜”) piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. I colored the image with Stampin’ Blends: Hedgehog – Light and Dark Crumb Cake, Apron – Light and Dark Balmy Blue, Apples – Dark Real Red and the Bowl – Light Pool Party. I chose to add Dots to the Bowl and created them with the Basic Gray Stampin’ Write Marker and added the Real Red color to them. To make the Apples shiny, I added glossy drying glue using the Fine-Tipped Glue Pen. I then added an outline of Light Soft Sea Foam to separate the image from the background.
- To use Alpha Dies and to fit in with the baking theme, I die-cut the “P”, “I”, “E” and “?” letters and question mark using the Playful Alphabet Dies from a bit of scrap Real Red and Balmy Blue cardstock. The letters were then adhered to the top left of the panel.
- I chose the sentiment, A little something for a great person, from the same stamp set – Joyful Life. The sentiment was stamped with Real Red ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock (⅛” x ¾”) and accented with a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock (2¼” x ⅞”).
- Additional new product from the Mini Catalog includes the Real Red Striped cross strip panel (4⅛” x 1½”) from the Heartwarming Christmas Designer Series Paper pack and the Balmy Blue cardstock background panel (4⅛” X 5¾”) dry-embossed with the Star-Crossed Embossing Folder.
- Under the sentiment label and around the background panel, I added a bit of Linen Thread.
- A Balmy Blue card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) completed the card.
Shall we bake an apple pie? What a great treat for a great person like you!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.