Had a great group of Girls over for class today. We had a lot of fun!
But it is time to get back to business…challenge deadlines are looming…
A sweet little sketch over at Tuesday Morning Sketches (#619) led me to a favorite retired stamp set, Soft Spring. I picked the colors from the Facebook Colour INKspiration Challenge (#105) and as the image chosen was a hanging Wisteria plant, why not enter the card into the current Stampin’ Up Only Challenge (#282)?
Here is the result:
I decided to flip the sketch 180 degrees because the image I chose oriented from the top right versus the bottom left.
- Very Vanilla cardstock (3¾ x 5”)
- I stamped the hanging Wisteria plant from the retired Two-Step Soft Spring stamp set with Smoky Slate ink. Color was added to the Leaves and the Blossoms with the coordinating fill-in stamps using 2nd Generation Stamping (stamped-off once). The Leaves with Old Olive ink and the Blossoms with Fresh Freesia ink.
- I then added the three Dragonflies. They were stamped with Smoky Slate ink and the Wings (it is hard to see) were colored with the Light Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend. I then added Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the Wings. The Glitter really lightened the Mango Melody color and the photo barely registers the color.
- For the sentiment, I stamped Thank You from the Nature’s Harvest stamp set with Smoky Slate ink. The font is nice and the size is small. It compliments the stamped Wisteria image well.
- I selected a standard A2 Very Vanilla card base because I wanted the card to be soft and delicate as well as clean and simple.
There are just “Keepers” within the Stampin’ Up! collection and Soft Spring is one that I would have a hard time parting with.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
5 thoughts on “Soft Spring – Thank You”
So pretty, Jolanda – and I love the soft shimmer WOS gives! Simple and perfect! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!
Oooh! So pretty. I like that you flipped the sketch. Thank you so much for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.
so pretty – love the soft colours
Such a lovely soft looking card love the delicate look it has to it so pretty thanks for taking part in the SUOchallenge hope to see you on the next one x
Gorgeous CAS card, Jolanda! I always love seeing old retired sets used for something new–it’s sort of like getting to visit with an old friend you haven’t seen in a while. Love how you stamped the wisteria and dragonflies with Smoky Slate to make them more soft and delicate. We used to live in a house with wisteria on the front and I miss it. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you again in the gallery for our challenge that just started!