It is a hot one today! Although, here in the South, the temperatures never seem to be “cold”, I am thinking about Christmas.
Holiday card making classes start at the end of this month, so I am trying out a few options.
I am a traditional Red and Green Girl but it is interesting sometimes to see what can happen when you change it up.
The Happy Little Stampers group has a monthly Christmas Challenge and that was where I started. The sketch is from the Try Stampin’ on Tuesday’s group (#519) and I picked the colors suggested by the Colour INKspiration Facebook group (#105).
Here is the result:
- On a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock (4¼ x 5½”), I used the Stamparatus Positioning Tool and the Festive Foliage stamp set. The stamp was inked with Versamark ink and heat-set with Copper Embossing Powder. The panel was trimmed to (3¼” x 4⅛”) and then colored with Stampin’ Blends: Old Olive, Fresh Freesia and retired Mango Melody.
- I chose to use the Copper Brushed Metallic cardstock for the accent panel (3½” x 4¾”). I love the “Luxe” of copper and it just adds something special to Holiday cards.
- All holiday cards need a bit of bling and I chose to use a small strip (3½” x ¼”) of the free Sale-a-bration Be Dazzling Specialty Designer Series Paper, as a ribbon element.
- I wanted to keep the colored background panel as the star of the show, and selected to use a smaller rectangle (2⅜” x 1¼) piece of Copper Brushed Metallic cardstock for the sentiment. I selected the sentiment, Merry Christmas, from the Perfectly Plaid stamp set because I really like the font. The stamp was inked with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder.
- I selected an Old Olive card base, as the green was a good choice for a Christmas card and added three Copper Brushed Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots to complete the card.
Before you know it, the Holiday mailing deadline will be here… I am pleased with the result of tis card. I wasn’t sure that using Fresh Freesia and Mango Melody would work, but they certainly do!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
Sale-a-bration continues through to the end of September. For every $50.00 you spend, you can select a free item from the current Sale-a-bration Brochure. Be sure to stock up now on your basic supplies to get ready for your Christmas / Holiday cardmaking.