There were a few challenges that I really wanted to play with that had summer Wildflower Garden themes and beautiful colors. I was just waiting for the right sketch to combine them all together.
Here is the result:
- I selected the Wheat Grass die from the Harvest Dies set and three of the Floral dies from the Meadow Dies set. All of the Wildflowers were die-cut from Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper and then water-colored with a Water Painter using the Direct from Lid Method (squeezing the ink pad to use the lid as a palette). The colors chosen: Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody (orange tone) and Soft Succulent.
- The Dragonfly, from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and stamped onto a piece of Vellum. The Dragonfly was then heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder. To keep the Dragonfly Wings translucent, the Wings were colored from the back with the Cherry Cobbler, Gorgeous Grape and retired Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends. The Dragonfly was then punched out using the coordinating Dragonflies Punch.
- The Slant Panel: (1¼” x 4⅛”) Crumb Cake cardstock was dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. I just love how such a little touch of texture adds so much.
- Criss/Cross Accent Panels: (2” x 2½”) Evening Evergreen and So Saffron cardstock. The sentiment, hello, from the Love of Leaves stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder on the Evening Evergreen panel.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Naturals Ivory cardstock from my retired stash. I love the earthy nature of the Naturals line of cardstock.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to a Naturals Ivory card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels were added to the slant panel, as per the embellishment dots on the sketch, for a bit of bling.
Hand painting the Floral die-cuts from both the Meadow and Harvest Dies sets look so pretty and I was glad to have an excuse to create them for this card.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.