Continuing with my WEEKEND CHALLENGE – SIMPLICITY…
A number of challenges came together, inspiring me to create this simple masculine card.
Here is the result:
- The Wheat Grass focal image: (1½ x 5”) from the Harvest Dies set was die-cut three times. Once using Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper and twice using Very Vanilla cardstock. The watercolor paper die-cut was painted with the Medium Tip – Water Painter using the Direct-to-Lid method and the colors Cajun Craze and Soft Succulent. The Direct-to-Lid method involves squeezing the Ink Pad lid to transfer color onto the inside of the lid and using a water painter to pick up the color. Once the paint was dry, the three die-cuts were adhered together to create a stacked image. Inspiration: Wildflowers and Color from SSC263.
- The Circle element (1⅛”) was also die-cut from Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper using the smaller circle die from the Tasteful Labels Dies set. The circle was water-colored with Cajun Craze ink. Once dry, the circle was dry-embossed with the Timeworn Type Embossing Folder for a bit of texture. Inspiration: Sketch element from AHSC433 and Color from SSC263.
- The sentiment, Hello, from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder on an Evening Evergreen cardstock scrap rectangle (2½” x 1⅛”). Inspiration: Sketch element from AHSC433 and Color from SSC263.
- In lieu of a bow, I opted to use a small Soft Succulent cardstock scrap Flag (½” x 1”) shaped with the Banner Pick-a-Punch. Inspiration: Sketch element from AHSC433 and Color from SSC263.
- The three panels are (¾”, 1¼” and 1¼” x 5”) Very Vanilla cardstock strips dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. Inspiration: Sketch element from AHSC433
- Putting it all together, I chose a Very Vanilla card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) for a tone-on-tone clean and simple look. Inspiration: AHSC433 and PP554 CAS and overall Masculine presentation.
A gender-neutral fall colored card suitable for sending a quick hello any man in your circle of family and friends!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.