Time to create for my WEEKLY SKETCH CHALLENGE – SS009 SUNDAY SKETCH.
What will you make? Don’t forget to share your project(s) with me on my Facebook page: The INQUE SPOT Studio | Facebook
I combined a few other challenges with the Sketch. This week one of the lines in the TIC TAC TOE Challenge (#126) features Friendship, Pens or Pencils and the color Yellow. Over at Happy Little Stampers, one of the August challenges is to use Stencils and I used one making this card.
Here is the result:
- The Pens focal image: (2¾” x 3”) from the retired Crafting Forever stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends: So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody (retired), Smoky Slate and Bronze. Each Pen was fussy cut from the triple pen stamped image.
- I cut a piece of So Saffron cardstock (3” x 4½”). The random Triangle stencil from the Plenty of Patterns Decorative Masks set was used. With a Sponge Dauber, I added Daffodil Delight ink to the mask resulting in a yellow-on-yellow tone pattern. The sentiments, Friends and FOREVER, from the Create with Friends stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink near the top of the panel.
- For the accent panel, I cut a piece of Smoky Slate cardstock (3” x 4½”) to tie in to the use of the color on the Pens.
- I chose to add a Bumble Bee background panel (4” x 5¼”). Bumble Bee was selected as it toned better with the Daffodil Delight on So Saffron sponging. The panel was dry-embossed with the retired Scripty 3D Embossing Folder to carry-forward the Pen-Pal motif. I also chose to use a background panel because I prefer to hide my ribbon ends behind a panel for a neater look.
- For the cross strip, I opted to color a (5”) piece of retired Gold Metallic Edged ribbon with the Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blend to pick up on the use of the bronze color on one of the Pens.
- Putting it all together, I chose a So Saffron card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
Do you have a forever friend? Were you ever pen pals? I do and we have stayed connected all these years regardless where our paths have led us.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
4 thoughts on “Create with Friends – Friends Forever”
It’s a lovely card and I like how the pens really stand out against your background.
LikeLiked by 1 person
How nice of you to say. Thank you, Sarn!
This is wonderful, I always loved the elements from this set and your sketch is fun! I might have to play along! Thanks for sharing it at TIc Tac Toe too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi LeAnne, glad you like the card. Thanks!