A rainy day…perfect for hanging out in the Studio…
Here is the result:
- The sentiment, Wishing you the Happiest of Birthdays, from the Happiest of Birthdays stamp set was stamped with Early Espresso ink on to a Very Vanilla piece of cardstock (3½” x 5”). The sentiment was die-cut with the (3” x 4”) Oval from the retired Ovals Collection Dies set and then dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. Inspiration: Dark Wood Furniture – Early Espresso and Chair Cushion color and fabric – Very Vanilla and Subtle embossing.
- The same Oval as used above was die-cut from the center of the Crumb Cake cardstock background panel (4” x 5¼”). The panel was then dry-embossed with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder. Inspiration: Rug – Nubbly Texture and color.
- The Flowers were die-cut using elements from the Many Layered Blossoms Dies set, inlaid and layered. Cardstock scrap colors chosen were Cajun Craze, Cinnamon Cider, Calypso Coral and Very Vanilla. Inspiration: Rug, Vase and Wall – Florals in the carpet, Flowers in the Vase and the paint on the wall.
- The Leaves were die-cut using elements from the retired Beautiful Brushstrokes Dies set because the scale suited the size of the Flowers. Cardstock scrap colors chosen were Shaded Spruce, Just Jade and a bit of retired Pretty Peacock that I had on hand. Inspiration: Vase, Pillow and Rug – Accent colors in the room and the carpet.
- Putting it all together, I flipped the sketch by 90 degrees to accommodate the larger sentiment. The Crumb Cake panel was adhered to a Cajun Craze card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) and then the Very Vanilla sentiment oval was fitted in. The Flowers and the Leaves were added to the top left and bottom right to match up with the suggested shapes in those respective positions.
A perfect card to celebrate an Autumn birthday. The inspiration photo was luxe, the furnishings and the depth of color. I hope I did it justice with my interpretation.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.