Time to case the catalog…this week it is a card found in the Sale-a-bration Brochure on page 12. Let’s have some fun!
Sketch: Case-ing Tuesday Challenge (#316) and I opted to use the current colors over at the Color Throw Down Challenge (#655). Additionally, this card meets the requirements for the August Stampin’ Up! #SimpleStamping Challenge .
Here is the result:
Steps (In the order I did them):
- Top Panel: (2¼” x 3¼”) Basic White cardstock. I chose the Brushstroke image from the Textures & Frames stamp set (a free selection from the Sale-a-bration Brochure with a $50.00 purchase) and stamped it three times with the respective colors, Pink Pirouette, Mint Macaron and Smoky Slate. Each color was stamped-off once for a lighter shade. I chose the retired Pink Pirouette color because it is so soft and pretty. An alternate choice could be Blushing Bride.
- Accent Mat: (2½” x 3½”) Smoky Slate cardstock
- Background Panel: (3½” x 4¾”) Dotted pattern piece of paper from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack (Hostess option with a qualifying Party Order). The Dots were colored with Stampin’ Write Markers in the three colors, Pink Pirouette, Mint Macaron and Smoky Slate. Choosing a Black and White pattern and coloring it is a great way to customize it with your choice of color scheme.
- Focal Image: (¾” x 1”) Basic White cardstock scrap. Two small Potted Tulips images from the Feels Like Home stamp set (another free selection from the Sale-a-bration Brochure with a $50.00 purchase) were stamped with Basic Gray ink and colored with the Pink Pirouette, Mint Macaron and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. The Tulip Pots were fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Top Panel: At this point, I chose to stamp Tulip Pots directly to the panel, top left and bottom right in the Basic Gray ink as a shadow under the fussy cut popped-up with Dimensionals Tulip Pots.
- Sentiment Label: (2⅞” x ⅛”) Mint Macaron cardstock scrap. The truncated sentiment, …Happy Moments, from the Etched in Nature stamp set was stamped with Basic gray ink, closely trimmed and added across the center of the Top Panel.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to a Smoky Slate card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch.
A sweet little card for just about any occasion. Remembering Happy Moments shared with a family member or a friend is something to celebrate.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.