This card is a real mash-up of challenges. However, getting ready for school was one of my favorite things to do. Even today, when I pass the School Supply aisles in the store, my heart quickens…So indulge me as I take a trip down memory lane!
Sketch: Sketch Saturday Challenge (#672); Theme: Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (#281); Color: Paper Craft Crew Challenge (#439); and as the stamp sets used are now retired, the Retro Rubber Challenge (#164).
Here is the result:
- Slant Panel: (2¼” x 3¼”) Basic White cardstock. Each Child from the retired Greeting Card Kids stamp set (circa 2010) was inked with Memento Tuxedo Black ink separately and stamped individually on to the panel. The Children were then colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends. Girl: Hair – Ivory and Bronze, Dress and Hair Bow – Daffodil Delight, Apple – Real Red and Dress Collar and Socks – Smoky Slate shading. Boy: Hair – Daffodil Delight, Shorts – Misty Moonlight, Books – Emerald Envy (retired), Pouch – Real Red and Shirt and Socks – Smoky Slate shading. The skin color chosen was Petal Pink mixed with Ivory and the Kids are outlined with Soft Sea Foam to add some separation from the background.
- Accent Mat: (2⅜” x 3½”) Emerald Envy cardstock (retired).
- Side Panel Black Board: (1⅜” x 2⅞”) Basic Black cardstock scrap. The Chalk Lines were drawn on with a ruler and a Stampin’ Chalk Marker at (¼”), (1”) and (1¾”) from bottom to top. The Letters and Numbers from the retired ABC – 123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers stamp set (circa 2013) were stamped with Craft Whisper White ink. The Stamp-a-ma-jig Tool was used for positioning and alignment.
- Black Board Frame: (1⅝” x 3”) Crumb Cake cardstock scrap. Nail Heads were drawn in to the corners with the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Words Daffodil Delight and Whisper White patterned piece of paper from a retired Brights Family Designer Series Paper pack.
- Embellishment: (¼” x 4”) Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon (retired) colored with the Misty Moonlight and Real Red Stampin’ Blends in lieu of the bow element and positioned vertically behind the Slant Panel.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to an Emerald Envy card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) as per the featured layout/sketch.
Are the children in your family ready for school?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.