Having a play with a #SimpleStamping card (Stamps, Ink and Paper) using a little embellishment and bit of embossing to step it up a notch.
This week, over at Sketch Saturday (#671), the challenge was to choose a layout from the archive collection and I selected Sketch #295. I ultimately created a masculine card for the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge (#321) when I selected the colors from the current Color Throw Down Challenge (#654).
Here is the result:
- Background Panel: (3¼” x 4½”) White and Gray Stone pattern from the Bloom Where You Are Planted Designer Series Paper pack.
- Top Left Rectangle: (1¾ x 2¼”) Gray Slate pattern from the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper pack.
- Top Right Rectangle: (1¾ x 2¼”) Stone Brick pattern from the same DSP pack.
- Center Rectangle: (1⅞ x 2⅝”) Hexagon Tile pattern from the same DSP pack
- Cross Strip: (3⅞” x ¼”) Braided Burlap Trim (retired from my stash)
- Sentiment Label: (approximately 1⅝” x 1⅜”) Crumb Cake cardstock scrap. The sentiment, You’re So Cool, from the Sweet Ice Cream stamp set was stamped with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. The sentiment was then punched out with the retired Hexagon Punch to mimic the Hexagon Tile pattern in the DSP.
- Label Accent: (approximately 1⅝” x 1⅜”) Basic Gray cardstock scrap, also punched out with the Hexagon Punch and used to back the Crumb Cake sentiment label.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to a Crumb Cake card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) as per the featured layout/sketch.
I like a simple, non-fussy card for men. They often appreciate a “to-the-point” message. Who are the “COOL” men in your life? Why not let them know it?
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFRR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
One thought on “In Good Taste – You’re So Cool”
Lovely take on the Throwdown colors! So glad you joined us this week!