It was a busy weekend, so I decided to combine my two weekend challenges to create a single card.
WEEKEND TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE – Color and/or Theme (I chose to concentrate on the Colors) and SUNDAY SKETCH CHALLENGE – SS007
Here is the result:
- Focal Image: (2¾” x 4”) Basic White cardstock. The large Succulents image from the Simply Succulents stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends. I am treating the greens as a Neutral and the colors chosen were Soft Sea Foam, Mint Macaron and Soft Succulent. I introduced a number of the challenge colors on the Tips of the Succulents. Pale Papaya, Mango Melody, Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather and Rich Razzleberry. The image was then die-cut with the coordinating die from the Potted Succulents Dies set.
- Accent Block (1): (2½” x 3¼”) Cinnamon Cider cardstock dry-embossed with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder that was inked with Craft Whisper White ink.
- Accent Block (2): (3¾” x 3¾”) Fresh Freesia Gingham patterned paper from the Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper pack.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Fresh Freesia cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder to give a little texture.
- Cross Strip: (½” x 4¼”) Rich Razzleberry cardstock also dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder to look more like a fabric ribbon.
- Sentiment Label: (approximately ½” x 2⅝”) Basic White cardstock, The sentiment, Good things GROW, from the All Squared Away stamp set was stamped with Rich Razzleberry ink and then die-cut with one of the label dies from the Potted Succulents Dies set.
- Flags: In lieu of actual flags, I chose to use the three hanging Succulent plants to represent the flags.
To complete this card, I chose a Rich Razzleberry card base (8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 ¼”). All of the elements were adhered to match the sketch but skewed a little to the left to allow room for the sentiment.
I always find it interesting to see what happens when you combine a number of ideas. I loved the colors in the photograph as well as the sunset. However, today I really didn’t want to recreate the sunset sky.
I think this card looks fresh and the gingham gives it a cottage-like feel. I hope you like it!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: Z9TAQFFR (August 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
Just a reminder that the new Fall / Holiday Mini Catalog debuts tomorrow (August 3rd) as does the new Sale-a-bration Brochure. Select a free Sale-a-bration item for every $50.00 spent between now and September 30th. Who doesn’t love free stuff!