Ah, Christmas in July…and the blog world is full of challenges! Shall we play?
Sketch: Tuesday Morning Sketches (#616); Happy Little Stampers Christmas (July) – add Jingle Bells; Double Trouble (#89) – add Ribbon and use something already in your stash; and share what you made for Christmas at the Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge (SUO280).
If you play along with Double Trouble, you can enter your card to the Heart2Heart Challenge. So, I will do that too!
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- Background Panel: (3⅞” x 5⅛”) Garden Green cardstock. The panel was stamped with the Holly Image from the retired Bells and Boughs stamp set in Versamark ink and heat set with Gold Embossing Powder.
- Flag: (3¾” x ½”) Brushed Gold cardstock (retired) and set behind the rectangle panel.
- Ribbon: (3½” x ⅜”) Cherry Cobbler Silky Taffeta (retired) centered and adhered to the Brushed Gold Flag.
- Sentiment Panel: (1½” x 3⅞”) Very Vanilla cardstock. The sentiment, Let the Joy…, from the retired Wrapped in Christmas stamp set was selected. Versamark ink was added to the word JOY and stamped on to the panel. Gold Embossing Powder was added and the word was then heat-set. Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig Positioning Tool, Garden Green ink was added to the stamp, then fitted in place to complete the entire sentiment.
- Accent Mat: (1⅝” x 4”) Brushed Gold cardstock.
- Focal Image: (2” x 2”) Very Vanilla cardstock scrap. The Bells were stamped with Versamark ink and heat set with Gold Embossing Powder. The image was then colored. The Holly and Ribbon with Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler ink and a Blender Pen direct from stamp pad lid. The Bells were colored with the Bronze and Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. The image was then fussy cut with Paper Snips.
To complete the card as per the Sketch, the sentiment panel was popped up over the ribbon/flag. The Bells were also popped up on the sentiment panel. I chose not to add the three upper embellishments because I felt the gold embossed Holly images were enough.
Have you started making your Christmas/Holiday cards? I begin, in earnest, at the end of August.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 47AMY34A (July 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.