Can you tell that I was away from the Studio for several weeks? Lots of challenges to catch up on before the month is through and deadlines are looming.
Over at TGIF, the challenge is to decorate an envelope. I do not do this too often unless the card is for someone very special. I, of course needed a card to go into this envelope and there started the cascade…
Color: The Colour INKspiration Challenge (#104); Sketch: The CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge (#430); Envelope: The TGIF Challenge (326): and The Stampin’ Up! #Simple Stamping Challenge for July because I kept it simple, and used the suggested sentiment along with Designer Series Paper.
Here is the result:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Cherry Cobbler cardstock
- Background Panel: (3⅞” x 5⅛”) Basic White cardstock. The sentiment, Sending Caring Thoughts, from the Bamboo Beauty stamp set was stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink in the lower left.
- Stripes: (1½” x 5⅛”) A black and white striped piece of patterned paper from the Beautifully Penned Designer Series Paper (Free Sale-a-bration selection) was adhered to the right of the Basic White panel.
- Focal Image – Flowers: (approx. 2” x 2”) The Flowers are on the reverse side of the striped piece of patterned paper. The Flowers were colored with the Cherry Cobbler and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. Once colored, the Flowers were fussy cut with Paper Snips. The Flowers were arranged and adhered in place. The top Flower was popped up with Dimensionals.
- Envelope: (5¾ x 4⅜”) Basic White. A (5¾” x ¾”) strip of the striped DSP was adhered along the bottom edge and a Flower cluster was adhered in the lower left corner.
Black and White with a pop of color is always a nice combination and the Cherry Cobbler works very well as a subdued Red. Such a simple card. Some paper, some ink and a stamp or two…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 47AMY34A (July 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
5 thoughts on “Beautifully Penned – Sending Caring Thoughts”
Jolanda, I’m so glad somebody finally used those beautiful images in Hand Penned Flowers to make a one-colour flower bouquet! Your card is classy and stunning.
Such a super stunning vibrant design, so love all the stamped elements and paper
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Ali!
Gorgeous card!! Great take on the sketch and thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!
Just stunning Jolanda! I love the drama of the dark red flowers against that fabulous striped paper. Thank you for playing with us at CAS Colours and Sketches! Vicky x