Farm House / Shabby Chic is something I love to look at but rarely use for inspiration in my card making.
No Sketch…this one is on me!
Here is the result:
- Painted Mason Jar: Vellum and Basic White cardstock. The reverse (solid) side of the Mason Jar stamp from the Jar of Flowers stamp set was stamped on to the back side of the Vellum with 2nd Generation Gray Granite ink (stamped-off once). Once dry, using Gray Granite ink, the Label stamp, from the retired Aged to Perfection stamp set was stamped on to the reverse (or front side) of the Vellum over the shadow of the Mason Jar. The Mason Jar Twist Rings were also added by selectively inking the stamp. To achieve the opaqueness of the painted jar, a scrap of Basic White cardstock was slipped behind the Vellum. Both the stamped Mason Jar and the white liner were punched out with the Jar Punch. Glue Dots are hidden behind the Label Rivets and rolled dots at the edges of the Twist Ring and a Linen Twine bow was tied around the neck of the jar.
- Flower Bouquet: Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper. Four of the Florals were die-cut with Meadow Dies set. With a wet-on-wet watercolor application, the Flowers were painted with Fresh Freesia, So Saffron, Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green inks. Method: Pick up ink from a block that was pressed in to the ink pad with Medium-Tipped Water Painter.
- Barn Door: In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. Vertical Boards (1” x 5¼”), Horizonal Boards (3¼” x 1”) and Z-Bar Board (1” x 3½”)
- Sentiment Label: (2¼” x 1¼”) Vellum and Basic White cardstock. Hello, is from the Create with Friends stamp set stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Friends, is from the Biggest Wish stamp set stamped with Gray Granite ink on to a piece of Vellum. The Basic White cardstock is used as a liner the same way as with the Mason Jar. The two pieces were die-cut using the medium oval from the retired Stitched Shapes Dies. A rolled glue dot is behind “O” and the “d” on the right and full dot was used at the left edge of the oval.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Gray Granite cardstock. The right side of the panel was stamped with the Curly-Cue image from the retired Rustic Rooster stamp set with Gray Granite ink. The panel was then dry-embossed with the Macrame 3D Embossing Folder.
- Accent Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Gray Granite cardstock.
To complete this card, all the elements created, Jar, Bouquet, Barn Door and Sentiment Label were adhered to a Gray Granite card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
Whew! That was a lot of steps…but I am very pleased with how this card concept turned out.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: 47AMY34A (July 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.