Mixing it up! Having fun combining a few challenges:
Sketch: Paper Craft Crew (#432), Color: Just Add Ink (#560), Stamp Set: Stampin’ Through the Catalog (Celebrate with Flowers – June 27, 2021).
I decided to flip the Sketch 90 degrees.
Here is the result:
- Three Rectangle Blocks: Coastal Cabana cardstock. Left Block (¾” x 3¼”), Center Block (1½” x 1¾”) and Right Block (⅞” x 3¾”).
- Background Panel: (5⅛” x 3⅞”) Basic White cardstock.
- Left Block: The Leafy Stem was stamped directly to the Background Panel and again on the Coastal Cabana Block with Gray Granite ink. The Coastal Cabana Block was adhered over top, matching the Leaves. Three Blossoms were stamped on to a piece of Basic White cardstock scrap with Blackberry Bliss ink and fussy cut with Paper Snips. The Stamen images were stamped with Gray Granite ink. Two directly to the Background Panel and one on a scrap of Basic White cardstock and also fussy cut. When I completed the card, the Blossoms were positioned and popped up with Dimensionals.
- Center Block: The Coastal Cabana Block was dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. The Leaf image was stamped with Gray Granite ink on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock and fussy cut. The Leaf was then adhered to the Block.
- Right Block: The sentiment, Happy Birthday, was stamped in Versamark ink and again in Blackberry Bliss ink and then heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder using the Clear Color Embossing Technique.
- In lieu of the four shapes suggested by the sketch, I chose three: The Blossoms, the Leaf and the Dragonflies. The Dragonflies were stamped directly to the Background Panel in Gray Granite ink and the top wings were lightly water-colored with the Fine-Tipped Water Painter using Blackberry Bliss ink.
- Accent Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Gray Granite cardstock.
Essentially a #SimpleStampin card. Keeping it light and breezy, I opted for a Basic White card base (8 ½” x 5 ½” scored at 4 ¼”).
Wishing a Happy Birthday to a friend that is celebrating today!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Celebrating with Flowers – Happy Birthday”
What a great take on this weeks sketch, Jolanda! love the vertical Happy Birthday. Thanks for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!
Oh I love this! Your combination of texture and stamping is really effective. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!