Two challenges today. Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge (#426) and the June SU! Colour Challenge.
Here is what I created:
- Focal Image: Butterfly Detail (Basic Black cardstock) and Background (Sahara Sand cardstock) were die-cut with the matching dies from the Brilliant Wings Dies set.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Bermuda Bay cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Left Triangle: (3¾”) Square cut on the diagonal. Pattern Party Designer Series Paper water-colored with a Water Painter and Sahara Sand Classic Re-Inker.
- Right Triangle: (3¾”) Square cut on the diagonal. Pattern Party Designer Series Paper. The Dots were painted with a Masking Fluid to resist color. The DSP was water-colored with a Water Painter and with Bermuda Bay Classic Re-Inker. The Resist was removed and the Dots were colored with the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend.
- Bottom Strip: (5¼” x ½”) True Love Designer Series Paper colored with the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blend.
- Sentiment: Basic Black cardstock scrap. Love You, die-cut from the Love You More Than Dies set.
All of the elements were adhered to a Crumb Cake card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
I totally love the pop of Bermuda Bay against the three neutral colors. Coloring your neutral pattern papers is a great way to introduce colors and make it your own.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Brilliant Butterfly – Love You”
I love the colours in this paper they are so pretty and the butterfly is awesome!
Pretty card! These butterflies are awesome! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week for challenge #426!