There a few challenges out there that are looking for a CAS style of card. CAS (Clean and Simple) is very hard for me to do. I always want to add a little bit more, especially texture. This time I kept the card very clean.
Inspired by the following challenges. Subject / Style: The Paper Players (#546), Color: Color Throw Down (#647) and working with the diagonal row from Tic Tac Toe (#118) Single Layer, Free Square (CAS) and Sentiment.
Here is what I created:
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Background Single Layer: (4” x 5¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock.
- The Berry Branch from the Sketched in Nature stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink and again in Crumb Cake ink. The image was heat-set with Clear Embossing Powder using the Clear Color Embossed technique.
- The image was colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends. Berries – Polished Pink and Poppy Parade, Leaves – Mossy Meadow and Old Olive and Branches – Crumb Cake.
- Glossy Glue was added to the Berries using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. The wet glue dots blended the Polished Pink and Poppy Parade colors somewhat.
- The sentiment, Anything is Possible, from the Hand Penned Petals stamp set was added using Mossy Meadow ink.
And that was that. A single layer of cardstock, stamped and colored, added to a matching card base. Clean and simple.
Anything is possible…see how the cut stem did not stop the plant from thriving!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.