A few more challenges…Sketch: Tuesday Morning (#610) and Style and Theme: Happy Little Stampers June CAS. I chose the colors from another challenge that unfortunately decided to take a break, but they were fun colors! Pale Papaya, Calypso Coral and Coastal Cabana.
Here is what I created:
- Background Panel: (4¼” x 5½’)” Basic White cardstock. The panel was stamped with the larger “Alcohol Ink” image from the Artistically Inked stamp set using Coastal Cabana ink. The panel was then cut in the cross-diagonal pattern. The top and bottom resultant triangles were turned over so that the “white” side was showing. On the top triangle, the sentiment, Today’s Plan: Consume, from the Nothing Better Than stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. On the bottom triangle, the sentiment, Because Adulting is Hard, from the same stamp set was also stamped with the Memento Tuxedo black ink. These two triangles were dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Accent Label: (3¼” x 2¼”) Coastal Cabana cardstock die-cut with one of the labels from the Tasteful Labels Dies set.
- Focal Point Circle: (2”) Basic White cardstock punched with the 2” Circle Punch. The Circle was also dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Image: Basic White cardstock. The Cocktail was created by stamping the Glass image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and adding the colored elements: Blue Curacao Rum Punch Drink and Ice image – Coastal Cabana ink, Fruit Wedge image – Pale Papaya ink, and Cocktail Umbrella – Calypso Coral ink. All of these images are part of the Nothing Better Than stamp set. The Cocktail was then die-cut with the coordinating die from the Love You More Than Dies set.
- Cocktails (words): Pale Papaya and Calypso Coral cardstock. Using the die from the Love You More Than Dies set, the word was cut twice and layered over each other for a 3D shadow effect.
Putting it all together: I used a standard Basic White card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). The “Alcohol Ink” side triangles were adhered and the Basic White top and bottom triangles were added. The Cocktail was popped up in the center of the circle and set upon the Coastal Cabana label. The double word “Cocktails” was then glued down. I added Pale Papaya and Mint Macaron Genial Gems as a finishing accent.
Doesn’t this drink look delicious and so refreshing? Bottom’s Up!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.