Playing with sketches, colors and ideas. How about a colorful birthday card for a little fellow?
Here is the result:
To fit the theme, for Dogs or Puppies, I needed to dive into my retired stash of stamps. Bella and Friends was a good match!
- Side Panel: (1¾” x 5”) Basic White cardstock. The panel was colored and blended with Polished Pink, Mango Melody and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends to suggest a sky, sun and grass backdrop.
- Bella, the puppy and her Balloon was stamped onto the panel with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Bella, Balloon and Parrot were stamped onto a scrap of Basic White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. All the images were colored with Stampin’ Blends: Bella – Smoky Slate, Balloon – Old Olive and Parrot – Old Olive, Polished Pink and Mango Melody.
- Bella and her Balloon were fussy cut with Paper Snips. White dots were added to the Balloon with the Stampin’ Chalk Marker.
- The Parrot was punched out with the (1¼”) Circle Punch. The edge of the circle was highlighted with the Mango Melody Stampin’ Blend
- Sentiment Label: (2” x ½”) Mango Melody cardstock scrap. The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Enjoy the Moment stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The left side was torn to add a bit of a guy thing to the card.
- Back Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Polka Dot Embossing Folder to mimic the dots in the Balloon.
Everything was adhered to a Basic White card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) for a clean finish. For fun, Bella, her Balloon, the Parrot and the sentiment were all popped up with Dimensionals.
Bright colors for a bright little fellow!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.