This week’s Weekend Challenge to keep you stamping is a color challenge. The color choices were inspired by the photograph. Choose at least three when making your project. Anything goes…however, I was inspired by the nautical influence for my card today.
Here is what I created:
- Paper Strips: (½” and ¾”) Color Choice – Poppy Parade, Misty Moonlight, Balmy Blue and Basic White cut scraps. The strips were adhered to a (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock panel on the diagonal and the overlap was trimmed away.
- Background Panel Frame: The center of the striped panel was die-cut with the (3⅜” x 4¾”) Stitched Rectangle Die. The frame was adhered to the Basic White card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
- Center Background Panel: Popped up with Dimensionals and inset into frame matching the colored diagonal strips.
- Focal Image: The Sailing Boat image from the Sailing Home stamp set was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with the Poppy Parade, Misty Moonlight, Balmy Blue and Cinnamon Cider Stampin’ Blends. The image was then die-cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die label shape.
- Sentiment: Relax Your Way! from the A Good Man stamp set was stamped with Misty Moonlight ink on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock and added to the Basic White lower diagonal.
- Note: I meant to stamp the sentiment on a (½”) strip and add it to the background panel before die-cutting. I was unable to replicate the exact corner cut to fit it in neatly after the fact but it still looks okay.
A Nautical Summer Breeze is taking us home…such a relaxing day on the water…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.