And now for something completely different…over at Happy Little Stampers there is a monthly Christmas Challenge and while I don’t usually start thinking Christmas until August/September, I thought, why not? The Saturday Sketch Challenge (#664) seemed to be a good fit for one of my all-time favorite retired Background stamps: Christmas Collage and the retired companion stamp set: Bells & Boughs.
Here is what I created:
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Very Vanilla cardstock. I inked the background stamp with Crumb Cake ink using a Brayer. I carefully placed the cardstock on top and covered it with a folded Grid Sheet and brayered over the stamp to transfer the ink. Once done, I carefully removed the panel. I chose to color the word Joy darker with the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Shape (1) Date and Doily: Cherry Cobbler cardstock. Early Espresso ink was added to the background stamp and the cardstock was pressed in to the desired area. The image was punched out with the 2” Circle Punch. The Gold Metallic Foil Doily was added in behind.
- Shape (2) Bells: Very Vanilla cardstock scrap. The bells were stamped with Early Espresso ink and colored with the So Saffron, Mango Melody, Flirty Flamingo, Cherry Cobbler, Granny Apple Green and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends. Once done, the image was fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Shape (3) Holly Branch: Very Vanilla cardstock scrap. The holly branch was stamped with Early Espresso ink and colored with the Cherry Cobbler, Granny Apple Green and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends. Once done, the image was fussy cut with Paper Snips.
- Cross Strips / Tinsel: Gold Twine was added for a little tinsel glitter as if we have tied ribbon to our present.
All of the elements were adhered to an Early Espresso card base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”). This was fun to make!
Have a Merry Christmas…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.