This week’s Case-ing Tuesday Sketch Challenge (#308) was mixed with both the Tic Tac Toe Challenge (#117) and the CAS on Friday Challenge (#207).
Here is what I created:
A pretty yellow bouquet of flowers. So fresh, so bright!
I have wanted to do a paper-piecing with the Many Layered Blossoms Dies since they became available. Today was the day. Not too difficult to do with a little patience.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic Black cardstock.
- Background Floral Paper-Piecing: Basic White cardstock. The fine floral die was used to cut out the frame. I used the same die to cut the insert pieces using Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody, Pear Pizzazz and Granny Apple Green cardstock. The Basic White frame was adhered to the Basic Black card base and all of the colored pieces were inset.
- Focal Panel Oval: (1¼” x 2¼”) Basic Black cardstock die-cut with the retired Stitched Shapes Dies.
- Focal Point – Small Flowers: Basic White and Daffodil Delight cardstock scraps were die-cut with the coordinating layering small flower dies also from the Many Layered Blossoms Die set. The flowers were adhered to the Basic Black Oval.
- Sentiment Label: (1⅞” x ⅜”) Only the word, Friends, from one of the sentiment stamps in the Positive Thoughts stamp set was inked with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker and stamped on to a Basic White cardstock scrap. The label was then trimmed to fit the space.
I took a few liberties with this sketch. I replaced the colored diagonal strips of patterned paper (as shown in the sample) with the Floral Die-Cut. I changed the size and shape of the focal panel to showcase more of the floral background. I replaced the stamped image with the two Small Die-Cut Flowers and for the same reason used a smaller sentiment label. All sketches are meant to inspire you to create…the Tic Tac Toe challenge line I selected asked for a Die, the word Friend and the color Yellow. CAS or Clean and Simple usually means “white space” however I flipped it to have “black space” so that my Flowers would pop!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Many Layered Summer Blossoms – Friends”
Stunning card! Those bold blooms look gorgeous against the black background. Thanks for joining us this week at TTTC!
What a fabulous card with the die cut floral image! The yellow on black provides such great contrast, really highlighting those pretty blooms. Thanks for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe challenge this week!