One of my favorite challenges has a deadline today…got to get cracking!
The challenges that I combined are – Sketch: Just Add Ink (#558), Colors: The Paper Players (#545), and Theme: CASology (Week 392).
Here is the result:
- Shape / Circle: (2⅝”) Shimmery White cardstock die-cut with one of the Layering Circle Dies. The Bamboo Trees were created by stamping the Stalks with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the Leaves with Granny Apple Green ink.
- Accent Mat / Circle: (2¾”) Melon Mambo cardstock also die-cut with the next size up Layering Circle Die.
- Accent Panel: (2¾” x 4⅛”) Shimmery White cardstock dry-embossed the retired Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. The Signature image was stamped with Bermuda Bay ink on to this panel (behind the circle) and punched out with the retired small Oval Punch. The edge of the Oval was highlighted with the Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Background Panel: (5¼” x 4”) Shimmery White cardstock dry-embossed with the retired Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment Label(s): Hand trimmed Basic Black cardstock scrap. The sentiment, You Have So Much Strength, are portions of a larger sentiment from the retired More Than Words stamp set. The sentiment was stamped twice with Versamark ink and heat-set with White Embossing Powder. Just the portions of the sentiment I wanted were trimmed and added to the card.
All of the elements were adhered to a Shimmery White card base (8 ½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch and kept tone-on-tone so that the colors would pop and be the center of attention.
You are as resilient as the Bamboo and you can bend…that is Strength. I admire you!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
9 thoughts on “Bamboo Beauty – Strength”
This is such a beautiful card, and I love how inspiring the strength of the bamboo is and how it reinforces your sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology.
Thank you, Joyce.
Love the crisp white and pops of colour Yolanda, very pretty! Thanks for joining in at Just Add Ink.
Love your stamping, it really makes this stamp set come to life. Chantell Just Add Ink
Jolanda, love your take on the colors this week. This card is CAS perfection and I like how you added that bit of Bermuda Bay. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.
Jolanda, this is so pretty! The white is so crisp and clean. Your embossed background is elegant and the use of the colors is perfect! So happy you joined my color challenge this week at The Paper Players!
This is just lovely! I normally do not gravitate towards Asian designs but I have to admit that this bamboo is delightful! Cool and serene! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!
Your card is beautiful and serene while radiating quiet strength. I love how you created interest in the background with the shimmer paper and embossing folders while keeping the focus on the images and sentiment.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Hansi.