Another quick little card to enter into the Fusion Sketch / Inspiration Challenge. and The Cookie Challenge (#157)
Here we go…The colors and the sentiment were chosen from the Fusion Challenge Inspiration Photo and the choice of Butterflies for the three shapes in the sketch was influenced by the Cookie Challenge. It was also helpful that the cookie colors were similar.
- Focal Images: The Butterflies image from the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink on to a quarter sheet of Basic White cardstock (5½’ x 4¼”) and heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder. Given the size of the stamp set, I used the Stamparatus Positioning Tool to get a nice clean image.
- The Butterflies were cut apart and color was added with Blending Brushes. The ink colors chosen were Seaside Spray and Blushing Bride to mimic the blue color of the Walls and the pink color of the Chair and other accent pieces in the room. The Butterflies were then fussy cut.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Basic White cardstock. The right side of the panel was masked off with Painter’s Tape and Soft Sea Foam ink was added with a Blending Brush. I chose this very soft green color to match nicely with the other soft colors and to mimic the greens of the Plants.
- The Sentiment, Live, Laugh, Love, from the retired Layering Love stamp set was stamped in Versamark and also heat-set with Gold Embossing Powder directly to the Background Panel. This stamp set was a good fit to match up with the Wall Poster.
- Gold Embossing Powder was chosen to pick up the Gold Accents in the room.
The trio of Butterflies were gathered together and added in a cluster on the right side of the background panel and then adhered to a Soft Sea Foam card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
A card for almost any occasion with lovely Butterflies.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.