Last week’s Weekend Challenge to keep you stamping was a technique. I just got it completed.
The technique I chose was Misted Watercolor. The tutorial can be found on Split Coast Stampers. I so enjoy water coloring and I wanted to share this with you.
Over at Fab Friday, the current challenge (#215) is to create a Square Card. Not a usual style for me but thought I would give it a try.
Here is what I created…
The Tutorial suggested that an Open Line Stamp image would work best. I have the retired Lovely Lattice stamp set that has been begging for some ink…so I chose it for this project.
Card Base: (9½” x 4¾” scored @ 4¾”) Purple Posy cardstock.
Background Panel: (4¼”) Square Garden Green cardstock.
Watercolor Paper: (4”)
- The Floral image from the Lovely Lattice stamp set was stamped in Stazon Black ink using the Stampartus Positioning Tool. I wanted a nice dark image to stand up through the multiple applications of watercolor paint.
- I used Masking Fluid and a small paint brush to cover the Lace as I wanted to keep that area of the image free of paint.
- I dropped the Refill Ink colors, Gorgeous Grape and Granny Apple Green, into the wells of a Painters Palette and added various amounts of water to change the intensity of the colors as I added them to the Floral image using Water Painters.
- Following the tutorial, I misted the watercolor paper with a Stampin’ Spritzer filled with water and applied the Gorgeous Grape and Granny Apple Green colors to the paper allowing the colors to bleed out and blend.
- Subsequent layers of color were added to achieve the depth of color. When completed and completely dry, I added white dots to the centers of the Flowers with a bit of Acrylic Paint.
- The dried Masking Fluid was removed and the sentiment, Best Wishes, from the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set was added to the top right corner in Gorgeous Grape ink.
Working with watercolor, especially with Water Mist yields unpredictable results. In this case, the blending of purple and green turned out quite nicely. A pretty little card, don’t you think.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.