I think I mentioned that last week’s long weekend messed with my schedule. Saturday’s Weekend Challenge is in progress and Sunday’s Sketch – SS002 is finally completed. All week, I pushed ideas around and just didn’t quite know what to do…
The January – June 2021 Mini Catalog retirement list is out and I am sorry to see some of my favorite items retiring. I just had to have another play with the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper.
And this is the result:
- The Focal Panel (2¼” x 3½”) Basic White cardstock. Die-cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies.
- The Floral Bouquet was fussy cut from one of the patterned sheets from the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper with Paper Snips.
- The Vase was die-cut from one of the patterned sheets from the Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper using the Boho Indigo Dies
At this point, I decided to create the card in a vertical position versus the original horizontal layout.
- The Cross Strip (4⅛” x 1½”) was cut from another patterned sheet found in the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper pack.
- The Background Panel (4⅛” x 5⅜”) So Saffron cardstock was dry-embossed with the Wrapped in Texture Embossing Folder.
- The Sentiment Label (2⅛” x ½”) Basic White cardstock scrap. The sentiment, happy birthday, from the Timeless Tulips stamp set was stamped in Gorgeous Grape ink and then die-cut with the double flag die found in the Tasteful Labels Die set.
I opted for a So Saffron card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) and adhered the elements to resemble the layout in the vertical position.
Yellow always looks so nice with Purple and the pop of Pink and Green in the Floral Bouquet contrasts nicely. A sweet, feminine Birthday greeting card.
Over at The Flower Challenge (#57), the theme is Clean and Simple. My “white space” is So Saffron. So, I will add this to their site.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.
2 thoughts on “Hydrangea Hill – Happy Birthday”
Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at ‘The Flower Challenge’ 😉 Viv DT xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s a pleasure. Thank you, Vivien