Visiting with an old friend that hasn’t seen a lot of love lately. When a new catalog comes out, we tend to create with all things new and several of the staples in our stash get a little neglected. For these two challenges, I pulled out the Very Versailles stamp set and complimented it with an image from the retired stamp set Butterfly Wishes.
And this is the result:
- The focal panel (3” x 4½”) Basic White cardstock. The Leafy Vine image was stamped with Night of Navy ink and draped along the left side. The Script was stamped with 2nd Generation Basic Gray ink (Stamped-Off once) along the right side.
- The accent mat (3¾” x 4 ⅛”) Night of Navy cardstock.
- Shape One – Filigree Frame stamped in Night of Navy ink on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock and fussy cut with Paper Snips. During the layout placement, I decided to color the center of the Frame. I chose to use the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blend to introduce more of the Gary color.
- Shape Two – Butterfly stamped in Basic Gray ink on to another scrap of Basic White cardstock and also fussy cut. I chose this Butterfly from the Butterfly Wishes stamp set predominately for the size (scale) and direction of flight.
- The sentiment label (2½” x ⅝”) Basic White cardstock scrap. Using the Basic Gray Stampin’ Write Marker, I added color to the stamp, omitting the word “Always”, before stamping.
- The accent mat (2¾” x ¾”) Basic Gray cardstock scrap.
- The background panel (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock. Dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. Not truly necessary, but I wanted to introduce a little texture and I am not always happy when I try to add texture to the front panel of the card base.
I opted for a Basic White card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) and adhered all the elements per the sketch layout to complete the card.
I love how elegant your card turns out when using the stamp set Very Versailles. Using those masculine colors in a softer application compliments the imagery really nicely too!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States, you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: VZWU3UUW (June 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.