This week’s TGIF Challenge (#316) is a sketch and I chose the current Color Throw Down (#643) palette to create this card with the new Hostess stamp set, Better Places. Keeping it simple…#SimpleStamping…stamps, papers and inks!
And this is the result:
- Focal Panel: (3¼” x 2⅛”) Basic White cardstock. The Scenery image was stamped with Soft Succulent ink and then colored with a variety of Stampin’ Blends. Sky – Light Balmy Blue, Clouds – Light Soft Sky (retired), Back Hill – Dark Soft Sea Foam, Forward Hills – Light Mint Macaron and the River – Dark Pool Party.
- Accent Mat: (3⅜” x 2¼”) Soft Succulent cardstock.
- Background Panel: (4” x 5¼”) Pool Party cardstock.
- Strips: (3¾” x ½”) x 2, (3¾” x ¾”) and (3¾” x ¼”) Pool Party Dotted pattern from the Hostess Pattern Party Designer Series Paper pack.
- Sentiment Label: (2½” x ⅝”) The sentiment, Celebrate the Wonder…, was stamped in Soft Succulent ink on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock and matted with a small strip of Soft Succulent cardstock (2¾” x ½”).
- I chose a Soft Succulent card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to coordinate with the ink color and the accent mats. The focal image was popped up.
I like how this image and the others in the stamp set remind me of Japanese Block prints. Speaks to my love of oriental design.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.