This week’s Case-ing Tuesday Sketch Challenge (#304) is mixed with the new stamp set, Bamboo Beauty. I love the simplicity of oriental design.
This is a nice sketch. Tons of possibilities…
And this is the result:
- Focal Panel: (4⅛” x 3⅛”) Basic White cardstock. Accent Panel (3” x 5”) Soft Sea Foam cardstock.
- Using the Stamparatus Positioning Tool, I double stamped the Bamboo Stalks ensuring they would match up with each other on the respective colored cardstocks. Memento Tuxedo Black ink was used on the Soft Sea Foam panel and Mint Macaron ink was used on the Basic White panel.
- To complete the focal panel, The Bamboo Leaves were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and added to the Bamboo Stalks. The little Signature Block was stamped in Smoky Slate ink and added to the upper left corner.
- Both the focal and accent panel were dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder to add a little linen fabric texture and then adhered together matching the Bamboo Stalks. This piece was then adhered to the Background Panel (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic Black cardstock.
- I chose a Mint Macaron card base (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the Bamboo Stalks stamped on the focal panel.
- The sentiment, The Bamboo that bends…, was stamped in Smoky Slate ink on to a piece of Vellum. The ink does not dry as fast on Vellum so I added Clear Embossing Powder and heat-set the sentiment. The sentiment was die-cut with the Stitched rectangle Die (2⅞” x ⅞”).
- The back of the sentiment label was colored with the Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blend to add a hint of color but still be see-through and then adhered to the card front with four tiny dots of glue in each corner. Four Basic Rhinestone Jewels were colored Black with the Basic Black Stampin’ Blend and added over the tiny glue spots to hide the bleed through.
Such an elegant and spare card. Always try to bend with the wind…
This card speaks to nature and the great outdoors, so I will enter it in to the current CASology Challenge – Cue Word – OUTSIDE
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.