Thought I would try my hand at another new Challenge: Fusion. I like the concept: use the sketch, use the inspiration photo for theme – color – image separately or fuse the two. Although it was a Mother’s Day theme, I went with a Best Wishes theme.
Today, I opted for the Sketch only. I mixed it up with the SU! Color Challenge for May.
Here is what I created:
- Tag: (2” x 4”) Soft Suede cut with a Tag Topper Punch.
- Grommet: (½”) Mint Macaron cut with both the Tag Topper Punch and the ½” Circle Punch.
- I stamped the image of the Dandelion from the Garden Wishes stamp set in Versamark ink and heat set the image with White Embossing Powder.
- Background Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Very Vanilla cardstock. With a Blending Brush, Mint Macaron ink was applied around the tag. The Dandelion Seeds, also from the Garden Wishes stamp set were stamped in Gorgeous Grape ink floating up and off to the right. The sentiment, Best Wishes, from the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set was added in Soft Suede ink. The background panel was then dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder.
- Flag (1): Purple (¼” x 2¼”) A variety of Stampin’ Blends were used to color the Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon to approximate the Gorgeous Grape color.
- Flag (2): Mint Macaron (¼” x 2⅞”) A piece of the Mint Macaron Textile Ribbon was used.
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to a Mint Macaron card base as per the sketch. A little bit of Linen Twine was added through the tag grommet to finish off the card.
Interesting choice of colors for this month’s Su! Color Challenge. I like how airy the card turned out. Who remembers making a wish or two or more by blowing the seeds off of a Dandelion? I know I had my fair share scattered to the breeze.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.