The sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches – FMS484 is “clean”. Clean usually means lots of “white space” but today I flipped white space to “black space”. Hope you like it!
And this is the result:
I wanted to use the Gilded Leafing and selected the silhouette Flower image from the Suite Sampler stamp set. I thought the gold would look more dramatic on a black base. I selected the black and gold grid patterned sheet from the World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper for the background.
- For the Square (1¾”), I opted for Basic Black cardstock. I adhered this square to the background World of Good Specialty Designer Series Paper (4” x 5¼”).
- The Flower image from the Suite Sampler stamp set and the Splatter image from the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp set were stamped in Versamark ink and heat-set with Heat & Stick Powder.
- The panel then took a bath in my Gilded Leafing tin container. The excess Leafing was then brushed away.
- For the sentiment, I chose Thanks, from the Simply Succulents stamp set. Such a pretty font. The sentiment was stamped with Stazon Black ink on to a piece of Gold Foil cardstock and trimmed (1¾” x ½”).
- I still have the lovely Brushed Gold cardstock from many years ago. I debated using it for the card base but ultimately chose to use it as an accent layer (4⅛” x 5⅜”).
Keeping everything clean and tidy, I chose a Basic Black Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”).
A pretty card. I like the drama of the Gold and Black for such a simple layout.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.