I came across another new sketch challenge site: Tuesday Morning Sketches and I thought the sketch was interesting. I thought I might use the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper and the Floral Design that coordinated with the Golden Garden Specialty Acetate. This paper is so pretty and is one of my favorites. I am particularly attracted to Wild Roses, especially since I once lived on a street called Wild Rose Lane. That being said, I thought this card would fit the parameters for The Flower Challenge #56
And this is the result:
- I chose a piece of the Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper that depicted Wild Roses and matched it up to the coordinating Golden Garden Specialty Acetate. Once matched, I die-cut the two pieces together with the (3½” x 2½”) Oval from the retired Oval Collections Dies.
- The acetate was adhered to the Designer Series Paper with strategically placed Mini Glue Dots hidden under the golden bits of the acetate.
- To separate the Floral Oval from the chosen background (5¼” x 4”) patterned piece also from Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper, I chose to die-cut a Mossy Meadow cardstock Oval with a coordinating (4” x 3”) oval from the Oval Collections Dies.
- For the three-stripe element depicted on the sketch, I opted to use Tear and Tape Adhesive and the Gilded Leafing Embellishment flakes. I laid down the adhesive strips, added the gold leafing, brushed off the excess and I had the three stripes.
- For the sentiment Label (1⅝” x ½”), I chose to use Gold Foil cardstock. The sentiment, Thank You, is from the Free as a Bird stamp set and was stamped in Stazon Black ink.
- I chose to leave off the little bow element because I thought all of the golden elements were more than enough…
All elements were assembled and adhered to a Cherry Cobbler Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) to match the sketch layout.
This card turned out to be so very pretty. Not sure who it will go to. I might hang on to it for as little while…
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.