I came across a new sketch challenge site: Atlantic Hearts and I liked the current sketch so I thought I would see what I could create with it. The challenge: AHSC #419.
And this is the result:
This sketch was perfect for using up some of my hoard of patterned paper. Yesterday, I used a pattern from the Needlework Work Designer Series Paper. Therefore, the pack was on my work table. My most favorite sheet in this pack was the Blue and White Butterfly sheet. It was too pretty to use…so I saved it.
The trick is to use your stuff, not collect it. Today, I was willing to cut in to it. That Butterfly sheet inspired all of the other choices I made.
- Card Base: (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”) Basic White cardstock
- Additional Panel: (4⅛” x 5⅜”) Basic White cardstock dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. When I use a ribbon, I like to have an additional panel so that I can wrap the ribbon edges to the back and have a neat and clean edge.
- Background Flag: (3¾” x 5”) Boho Indigo Designer Series Paper. The flag was cut in to the center at (1”) one inch. This patterned sheet went really well with the Butterfly patterned paper.
- Ribbon: (½”) Night of Navy from the Boho Indigo Product Medley kit.
- Butterfly Flag: (1¾” x 3½”) Needlework Nook Designer Series Paper. The flag was cut in to (11/16″) just shy of (¾”).
- Small Flag: (1½” x 2¾’) Appears to be a scrap of Bashful Blue cardstock. I hunted for a matching color in my scrap bin. The flag was cut in to the center at (9/16”) just a bit over of (½”). The flag was then dry-embossed with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder for some added texture.
- Label: (2¾” x 1½”) Smoky Slate cardstock die-cut with that size die from the Nested Labels Dies. The sentiment, Happy Birthday, from the Peaceful Moments stamp set was Clear Color Embossed with Night of Navy and Versamark inks.
- Butterfly: (1¾” x 1”) Basic White cardstock. The smaller Butterfly from the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set was inked with Night of Navy ink and stamped on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock and then colored with the Light Seaside Spray and Light Night of Navy Stampin’ Blends. The Butterfly was then fussy cut.
All elements were assembled and adhered to math the sketch layout.
Note to self and to you. Cut up that gorgeous paper you have on hand and use it!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.