I wanted to try my hand at Kylie Bertucci’s International Highlights Blog Challenge for May. The theme is Thank You.
I was influenced/inspired by several other challenges…
Sketch – Case-ing Tuesday (#302); Colors – Just Add Ink (JAI552); Styling – TIC TAC TOE (TTTC111). The Tic Tac Toe line includes Embossing, Layers and Scallops. The Case-ing Tuesday Sketch included lots of Layers, and I went for Scallop edging on a couple of those layers. To add interest, I embossed the four rectangles for the third element. From the Just Add Ink Inspiration photo I selected the colors: Yellow, Blue, White and Silver.
And this is the result:
- The four Basic White cardstock Scalloped Rectangles (1⅛” x 2¼”)were die-cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Dies from a scrap and then dry-embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- On another scrap of Basic White cardstock, the four Butterflies from the Positive Thoughts stamp set were stamped with Night of Navy ink then colored with the Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend and then die-cut with the coordinating Butterfly die from the Nature’s Thoughts Dies.
- The Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper background (4” x 5¼”) was die-cut using the new Scalloped Contours Dies.
- The sentiment, Thank You, from the Art Gallery stamp set was stamped in Versamark ink on to a scrap of Balmy Blue cardstock (2” x ½”) and heat-set with Silver Embossing Powder.
- Balmy Blue cardstock was chosen for the card base (11” x 4¼” scored at 5½”) to tie in the color of the Butterflies and the Label.
An easy sketch that was enhanced by die-cutting and embossing. One can never have enough Thank You cards on hand.
If you like this card, please vote for me by clicking on this link: Jolanda’s Card
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one similar?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.