I am a little behind with the Sunday Sketch – SS050. I wanted to use the layout for my class today and to keep it simple so that it fit the Stampin’ Up! #SimpleStamping challenge for May.
And this is one of the featured cards for my class:
- I started with a (3” x 3¼”) piece of Basic White cardstock. The Floral Vine image from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set was stamped in Evening Evergreen ink. I colored the image with Soft Succulent and So Saffron inks using a Blender Pen to get a light water colored effect.
- Soft Succulent cardstock was chosen for the mini panel (1¾” x 2⅛”). The size was trimmed to better fit the space and show off the Floral Vines. To add texture, the Newspaper image from the Wrapped Bouquet stamp set was inked and stamped off once using tone-on-tone Soft Succulent ink. A very subtle effect.
- Two Strawberries were added to the Soft Succulent panel as the focal point. The Strawberry and Leaf Cap outline stamps were stamped with Evening Evergreen ink and the Strawberry and Leaf Cap fill in stamps were stamped in Real Red and Soft Succulent inks, respectively on to a scrap of Basic White cardstock.
- Keeping it simple, the Strawberries and Leaf Caps were fussy cut. The #SimpleStamping parameters did not include tools beyond a paper trimmer and paper snips. There is a coordinating Strawberry Builder Punch to make things a little easier but the motto: Have Scissors, Will Cut prevails.
- I chose a scrap of So Saffron cardstock for the sentiment label (⅜” x 1¾”) to tie in with the little White Blossoms. Using the Evening Evergreen Stampin’ Write Marker, I added ink to only a portion of the sentiment stamp: You are sweet. This was because the label profile in the sketch was small.
- The “new” in this card are the In-Colors, Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent. They look so nice together. That being said, I chose the “Lattice” pattern Evening Evergreen sheet from the In-Color Designer Series 6 x 6 pack and used it for the background panel (4” x 5¼”).
All of the elements were assembled and adhered to a Soft Succulent card base as per the sketch.
Don’t those strawberries look good enough to eat!
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today. Cheers, Jolanda!
Need a card? Ask me and I can create one for you. Want the supplies to create your own, let me know and I can help you with that too!
Like this card? Want to make one?
I would LOVE to be your Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you live in the United States you can order your paper crafting supplies from my on-line store. It is so easy. THANK YOU!
If you choose to shop with me today, please use HOSTESS CODE: C9YFJ9WG (May 2021) if you spend less than $150.00.